>
Shared Top Border

Shared Left Border
This Could Be Your Ad. Click Here to find out more
Advertise on ORE
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 08:17:08 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

+  Offroad Exchange - MOD
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  General Chit-Chat
| | |-+  What does "listed as manufacturer vehicle" mean on carfax?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What does "listed as manufacturer vehicle" mean on carfax?  (Read 6014 times)
Hasselholf

Sorry, I just could not resist

« on: June 05, 2006, 11:04:51 AM »

I ran a carfax on a ctd I am thinking about buying. It has 70,000 miles on it
the first owner was in VA. at 13,608 it shows it being serviced, then at 13,609 it was listed as "sold at auction in Michigan. Listed as manufacturer vehicle" Then to a dealer in PA
I have never seen the term manufacturer vehicle in any of the reports before. Just wondering what it means?

"Do what must be done. Do not hesitate, show no mercy. Only then will you be strong enough"

See me on myspace: http://www.myspace.com/coastright
Bill Cooke
Administrator

I drive a Dodge, My wife drives... me crazy!

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 01:10:03 PM »

No idea, sounds like they bought it back? That can't be good...

BC

Jeep is hobby, Dodge is a sickness!
Hasselholf

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 03:03:50 PM »

I think your right it probably is not good. Another pass, but this is what I found out, of coarse look at the last line, they can screw you twice it seems without you knowing:

Manufacturer Vehicle - Manufacturer vehicles are vehicles put up for sale by the manufacturer. These vehicles are typically only available to dealers at special auctions. These vehicles have generally been registered as lease or rental vehicles.

Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON) - A vehicle with major problems that has been repurchased by or had its price renegotiated with the manufacturer. The state marks its official records or issues a title brand for manufacturer buyback vehicles, also known as Lemon Law vehicles . Laws vary by state as to the specific requirements for a "lemon". Most manufacturers issue some buybacks that are not the result of Lemon Laws but rather a courtesy; these buybacks are not recorded on the title.     

"Do what must be done. Do not hesitate, show no mercy. Only then will you be strong enough"

hilton8r
You can Dodge a ball if you can Dodge a wrench!
Global Moderator

Pentastar Power!

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 04:06:58 PM »

My first thought was that it was a leased vehicle. That may or may not be bad... Grin It sounds like it's not a lemon though based on your last entry...

2001 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel (DTD :->)
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 390
1974 Plymouth Trail Duster 4x4 440
1943 Dodge WC51...
Hasselholf

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 11:44:53 AM »

I am working up the courage to go look at it. It is just a little out of my price range, but  I like it which means if I go look at it I will probably come home with it. But then I will have no money to work with, meaning no skyjacker lift or tires for a while. It is a 2002 which means I do not have to worry about the dreaded 53 block, which in turn the last one I looked at was and I almost bought having known nothing about the 53 issue until a few days ago.
There are alot of things to look for on these years ctd. I am really surprised at the issues.

armando
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 11:55:07 AM »

some where in this maze of conversation is a
thank you for the beer. Grin Cool
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length