>
Shared Top Border

Shared Left Border
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 12:44:49 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

+  Offroad Exchange - MOD
|-+  Events and Clubs
| |-+  Events, Runs and Gatherings
| | |-+  Big Bear California Run - Hanna Flat (Toyota vs Dodge)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Reserved camping spots are still available for any of the August weekends...
Weekend of 8/05   -0 (0%)
Weekend of 8/12   -1 (20%)
Weekend of 8/19   -0 (0%)
Weekend of 8/26   -2 (40%)
Any of the above...   -2 (40%)
Total Voters: 5

Author Topic: Big Bear California Run - Hanna Flat (Toyota vs Dodge)  (Read 59901 times)
EarlKann

Rattle Kann Kustoms

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2006, 07:15:44 PM »

Map of Hanna Flat campground (partial map)

I think that I stayed in 60 last time?  As I recall the sites in the lower right corner were fairly nice.

Ok, I stayed in 67 last time.  It was a pretty nice spot back in the corner.   68 is probably the nicest spot in the place, would be great combined with 67 but it is booked for every date but the 19th and that is my niece's wedding. Cry    60-61-62 make a nice grouping and are fairly large for the site (listed at 35')  as of this posting they are all available for the 25-26th.

BTW:  I was looking at www.reserveamerica.com for availabilty and the map.  I used them last year for this campground and it worked fine.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 07:17:34 PM by EarlKann » Logged

Wanted: Set of 80's style gold mod/nugget wheels in good condition.
Dave Larsen
It only looks old.

While we're at it...

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2006, 08:49:42 PM »

Sorry for being MIA on this one.

If I can get the RC up and running, I'll be more than happy to make Big Bear the shakedown run.  I think we have about a 50/50 chance of getting it minimally operational, so I didn't want to chime in too early.  It kinda sucks being 100 miles away.

We (John and I with Bill pointing and looking crippled Wink ) worked on it this past Sunday, and actually got a lot done.  A few more weekends like that, and it'll be good to go.  I'll keep you all posted.

Also, I don't think I'll make the camping part, but I'll try to at least make it a day trip - it's only an hour to BB for me.

77 RC - In progress (continually)
Jedrattle

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2006, 09:08:27 PM »

Cool!!

way too many and not enough $$$
hilton8r
You can Dodge a ball if you can Dodge a wrench!
Global Moderator

Pentastar Power!

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2006, 09:54:00 PM »

The way I see it... the showdown will be the 12th. It's the only date that seems to make sense at this point... Earl voted for it. It's after the 10th, so Jed's happy. It's not the 26th, so Bill won't get divorced/killed for it, and I think the sooner the better considering all of the progress that the Toyota Boys have been posting. What do all y'all say... Let's ink it... We'll put Bill on the maybe list depending on his knee, but I'll do what I can to help Dave wrap up his rig... Respond ASAP. I'm glad Earl is familiar with the sites, so I look forward to his site suggestion. Dodge rules! Grin And PS... You guys are in really deep doo doo if Mike T. surfaces... Shocked

2001 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel (DTD :->)
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 390
1974 Plymouth Trail Duster 4x4 440
1943 Dodge WC51...
EarlKann

Rattle Kann Kustoms

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2006, 10:24:37 PM »

11th, 12th, 13th it is then.  Got's me site number 61.  Who want's to be neighbors? Grin

MikeT
Global Moderator

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2006, 11:34:26 PM »

Not 100% sure I can make it yet but I booked site 60 for fri and Sat night. Res is for up to 8 people. I would be bringing at most five. If I cant make it, I'll post up and its open to anyone. Hope to see you guys there.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 12:09:25 AM by hiltman » Logged
hilton8r
Global Moderator

Pentastar Power!

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2006, 11:46:58 PM »

I'm in the process of booking site #62... Of course I forgot my friggin credit card today... I really hate to be Earl's neighbor, but it's pretty close to Mike so I can deal.

Update... I have reserved site #62. That is if my Mom's credit card goes through. Now I have to worry about if I lost my credit card at Carl's Jr. or if it's at home. Hell if I know why it's not in my wallet next to my losing lottery ticket. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 12:11:33 AM by hiltman » Logged

1943 Dodge WC51...
Jedrattle

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2006, 12:25:28 AM »

This sucks! I can't bring my camper!  Angry   Only 1 vehicle to a spot!  I got
spot #59.  Across the road. 

hilton8r
Global Moderator

Pentastar Power!

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2006, 12:34:23 AM »

Oh yeah, like that wasn't planned. You are right next to the shitter. I was told on the phone, that you can pay an extra $5 per extra car when you get there... I'm really confused how this whole thing works. I though multiple parties could go in on a camp spot, but Bill explained that this is not the case. Space is pretty limited. Is a tow vehicle, trailer, and rig allowed?

1943 Dodge WC51...
hilton8r
Global Moderator

Pentastar Power!

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2006, 02:13:42 AM »

I just realized that this is the only pic I have of the R/C... Certainly no action pics. I guess I'll have to be sure my camera is charged up this time. I only got a few pics of Jed on our last outing. I'm going to paint her orange with a big ol' '01' on the door this weekend. I won't bother with the confederate flag since the top should be coming off. Although, no roll cage yet. Maybe I'll keep the top on for Big Bear. Undecided

1943 Dodge WC51...
Bill Cooke
Administrator

I drive a Dodge, My wife drives... me crazy!

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2006, 10:09:29 AM »

I got 58! Number 55 is still available in our area. Who wants it?

All that's left now is everything........ Wait, what rig am I taking? Will either of them be ready in time? Oh crap, what have I done! It's amazing what I'll do for free beer, huh?

BC

Jeep is hobby, Dodge is a sickness!
EarlKann

Rattle Kann Kustoms

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2006, 06:49:09 PM »

Not 100% sure I can make it yet but I booked site 60 for fri and Sat night. Res is for up to 8 people. I would be bringing at most five. If I cant make it, I'll post up and its open to anyone. Hope to see you guys there.

MikeT is alive!  He still owns a Dodge and a computer!  Grin

Seriously, what's up Mike?  Anything new and exciting in your stable of RamChargers?  Last I rember you were having trouble getting a windshield to fit. Huh

EarlKann

Rattle Kann Kustoms

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2006, 06:51:10 PM »

I'm going to paint her orange with a big ol' '01' on the door this weekend. I won't bother with the confederate flag since the top should be coming off.

Cry  I liked the oxidized baby blue with the white racing stripes. Cry

EarlKann

Rattle Kann Kustoms

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2006, 06:56:53 PM »

This sucks! I can't bring my camper!  Angry   Only 1 vehicle to a spot!  I got
spot #59.  Across the road. 

You will be fine.  I don't know about 59 (did you check to see how long it is?) but many of the spots will accomodate two vehicles, plus there is an extra vehicle parking area right there ($5 per day).  I will probably only have the 4runner.  If I need anything I can just ferry it from home since it is only 20-30 minutes away. Grin

I have some pics of some of the camsites from 1-year ago scouting for a Pirate get together.  I'll get them up here shortly.

D.

EarlKann

Rattle Kann Kustoms

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2006, 07:02:43 PM »

Here we go.

Extra vehicle parking area.  $5/day  The RV in the backround on the left is spot 61.

Another agle on spot 61.  This was a pretty damn big RV.  Spot 62 behind it.

Another angle on 62 and another good sized RV with a Jeep or something parked in front of it.

That's all I have of the area we've chosen.  I'm sure that I'll be making a trip up to the area befor the run.  I'll check it out again if I get the chance.

Jedrattle

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2006, 07:14:51 PM »

The computer thingy wouldn't let my pass until I changed the number of vehicles back to one. Do you think they will let take the cummins, trailer and the runner in?

EarlKann

Rattle Kann Kustoms

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2006, 07:29:13 PM »

The computer thingy wouldn't let my pass until I changed the number of vehicles back to one. Do you think they will let take the cummins, trailer and the runner in?

Main problem for you is your trailer is so god damned long!  I'm thinking that your spot might be a little smallish (listed at 25-feet)  There is definetely room for two normal vehicles in mine.  Right now I'm thinking our options are

1)  Park the trailer in my space first, then my 4runner so I can get in and out, CTD in yours with the camper, your 4runner in the "extra parking" area.  Only thing there is that there is no guarantee that the extra parking will be free.   It looks big in that pic but I bet it only holds 3, maybe 4-cars max.

2)  Drop your trailer at my house.   The driveway had better be clear by then.  2 4runners in my space, CTD in yours.

Bill Cooke
Administrator

I drive a Dodge, My wife drives... me crazy!

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2006, 07:38:46 PM »

I'll only have one car in mine. There is no way to get my Jeep and RC and Dave's RC and John's RC all done in time. No Barbie mobile. Actually, isn't it the "Ken moblie"? After all it is yellow.

My extra spot might go to John's trailer but trailers don't count as an extra car generally. My site is only 20' long though. If the trailer clears the stumps we can back it over the top of them for more room or setup ramps and just park on top each time.

There's always a way, right?

Nice pics. I'm getting excited!

BC

Jeep is hobby, Dodge is a sickness!
Jedrattle

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2006, 07:50:21 PM »

Yeah the damn trailer is 26' 4" by itself! Hooked up, the whole rig is 47' 4" long!

Sounds good to me. The little parts came in today! Grin Needless to say I gots work to do! Right after a nap! (to let it cool down some!) .

hilton8r
Global Moderator

Pentastar Power!

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2006, 10:13:03 PM »

Might make sense to park the Toyotas on the trailers. I think my slot is 35' or so... I doubt we'll need to set up the ramps either. I'm really hoping for some cool weather this weekend. All y'all enjoy your weekend now!

1943 Dodge WC51...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length