Author Topic: Ocotillo Wells-- Dec 2nd & 3rd  (Read 7046 times)

Offline Jedrattle

Ocotillo Wells-- Dec 2nd & 3rd
« on: November 14, 2006, 06:47:57 PM »
 Going to Ocotiilo that weekend. Leaving friday night, coming home on monday. Camping off of chauhilla road (sp?), across the highway from the Blue Inn.  Maybe a few will be ready. I will be! ;D
way too many and not enough $$$

Offline Jedrattle

Re: Ocotillo Wells-- Dec 2nd & 3rd
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 07:49:26 PM »
 What no takers!!!..........

Offline hilton8r

• You can Dodge a ball if you can Dodge a wrench!
  • Global Moderator
  • Pentastar Power!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 03:05:33 AM »
Our work Holiday party is that weekend, but I have no problem blowing that off. I've got a small amount of welding that needs to be done, but no welder or welding ability. I'm also concerned about the brakes, or lack thereof... :P It might be too ambitious to get everything done by then, but I'll see what I can work out Jed. Worse case, I can cruise out in the dually. :P Are you bringing your wife? Are you bringing your partner in crime Earl?

I stopped by Home Depot today to pick up some garage springs and checked out the Lincoln Electric welders. I found a Home Depot store credit that I didn't realize I had with $300 and some change on it. I may ask Santa Clause for a welder this year. I should practice on radiator brackets and shock tabs before attempting a roll cage ya think? ;D
2001 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel (DTD :->)
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 390
1974 Plymouth Trail Duster 4x4 440
1943 Dodge WC51...

Offline Jedrattle

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 06:34:25 PM »
 Just fix your crap and get out there! Kick Bill in the knee and get him moving too!! ;D     DO NOT buy that pos Lincoln welder!!! Those are crap..you are wasting your money!!  The blue power is the only way to go!! AKA Miller!!!!

Offline Bill Cooke

• Administrator
  • I drive a Dodge, My wife drives... me crazy!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 08:30:43 PM »
Lincoln are fine welders but the Home Depot special they sell isn't. That's why it's cheap. I do favor the Miller myself but I burn metal with a Hobart. Next best thing to a Miller for those on a budget (aka: poor)

BC
Jeep is hobby, Dodge is a sickness!

Offline Bill Cooke

• Administrator
  • I drive a Dodge, My wife drives... me crazy!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 08:40:15 PM »
Yeah, stupid thing is really bad right now. I've been on Vicodin for the past 3+ weeks pretty hard. Is next week really Thanksgiving? When was Halloween? I missed it entirely. This sucks. It may be better enough to walk by then but I could never go wheelin' with it liek this. Sorry boys. You all do know about the road closures too, right? Hwy 78 is being closed from Scissors crossing the Yauqi pass road (S2-motorhome road to Borrego Springs turn off). Not sure when it starts. Was supposed to be last week but I hear they postponed it until after thanksgiving. Might want to double check. It's a long way around!

BC
Jeep is hobby, Dodge is a sickness!

Offline hilton8r

• You can Dodge a ball if you can Dodge a wrench!
  • Global Moderator
  • Pentastar Power!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 09:55:04 PM »
Hey dude, I already know better than to buy a Lincoln... I browsed for information on Miller last night. I didn't see any authorized dealers very close to me. I also didn't realize Home Depot didn't sell any other brands. I'll make a very informed decision when the time comes because I'll get input from you and Bill. Does Toyota make a welder? ;D
2001 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel (DTD :->)
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 390
1974 Plymouth Trail Duster 4x4 440
1943 Dodge WC51...