Author Topic: PBB Big Bear run. June 9  (Read 7856 times)

Offline EarlKann

• Rattle Kann Kustoms
PBB Big Bear run. June 9
« on: June 01, 2007, 01:51:22 PM »
Some Pirate Board guys getting together for a Big Bear day run on Sat, June 9.  Jed and I will both be going.  Gonna try to do Dishpan, Holcomb Creek and John Bull if we can get them all in. 

Meeting at 8am at the Ceder Glenn post office in Lake Arrowhead.  Hwy 173 & Hook Creek Rd.

I'd call it moderately difficult with some hard spots.   Some pics from last time.
http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g26/earlkann/Big%20Bear%20Memorial%20Day%2007/?start=all
We had a 4runner with stock IFS, 31" tires and rear locker make it through, so no excuses.
Wanted: Set of 80's style gold mod/nugget wheels in good condition.

Offline hilton8r

• You can Dodge a ball if you can Dodge a wrench!
  • Global Moderator
  • Pentastar Power!
Re: PBB Big Bear run. June 9
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 10:11:18 PM »
I haven't made any progress on the electric fan or fan shroud on the Dodge. I couldn't fabricate my way out of a paper bag. I will work on bandaiding the wiring harness for the Jeep this weekend. Nothing is smogged and legal for now and the trailer is still in Simi Valley. So, I will offer to flat tow Bill up to Big Bear if he can make it. Otherwise, is it possible to ride shotgun with somebody... barring a small miracle of getting the Jeep fired up and running good (remember, I have no clue if the stock 'puter is going to cut the mustard. The Jeep won't have a front bumper or rock sliders.
2001 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel (DTD :->)
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 390
1974 Plymouth Trail Duster 4x4 440
1943 Dodge WC51...

Offline EarlKann

• Rattle Kann Kustoms
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 02:55:53 PM »
You guys suck.  Look at all that crap in your signature!  Get something running already.  ;D
Wanted: Set of 80's style gold mod/nugget wheels in good condition.

Offline hilton8r

• You can Dodge a ball if you can Dodge a wrench!
  • Global Moderator
  • Pentastar Power!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 06:02:03 PM »
You guys suck.  Look at all that crap in your signature!  Get something running already.  ;D

You aren't kidding...

Bill helped me go through the ZJ wiring harness over the weekend. I need to buy a few pigtail terminals to get it fixed up. It wasn't nearly as bad as we expected.

I may have found a permacool fan for the ramcharger. I want to discuss it with Bill before I buy it. I'm not sure if one fan or dual fans will be best.

I'm heading to Utah for vacation and will be stopping in Moab for a few days late September.
2001 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel (DTD :->)
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 390
1974 Plymouth Trail Duster 4x4 440
1943 Dodge WC51...