>
Shared Top Border

Shared Left Border
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2017, 04:28:32 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

+  Offroad Exchange - MOD
|-+  Imports
| |-+  Toyota (Moderator: EarlKann)
| | |-+  New Toyota for Earl Kann
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Toyota for Earl Kann  (Read 27423 times)
EarlKann

Rattle Kann Kustoms

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 12:45:56 PM »

I never thought you would actually buy another Ford Courier. Is that squash color or pumpkin color? So... have you located the gold nugget rims yet?

John

toothy10 I revised my signature here.  No longer looking for the Courier, but I still need the wheels.  I saw a set that were in perfect condition and were even 6-lug like I need, but I didn't buy them at the time and he won't respond to my emails now.   sad11

I have heard many names for the color already, but squash/pumpkin is a new one! 

I've seen it called mustard, butterscotch, and what I think may be the official Ford name, sunflower orange.

Wanted: Set of 80's style gold mod/nugget wheels in good condition.
Jedrattle

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 09:51:40 PM »

I got the name......Formula Squash!!!! laughing9

way too many and not enough $$$
hilton8r
You can Dodge a ball if you can Dodge a wrench!
Global Moderator

Pentastar Power!

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 01:36:43 AM »

It will be more like Sasquash soon enough!

Now that you've actually got the Courier... I'll triple my efforts in the search for gold nugget rims. 80's style of course! laughing7

2001 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel (DTD :->)
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 390
1974 Plymouth Trail Duster 4x4 440
1943 Dodge WC51...
EarlKann

Rattle Kann Kustoms

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 01:56:13 AM »

It will be more like Sasquash soon enough!

Now that you've actually got the Courier... I'll triple my efforts in the search for gold nugget rims. 80's style of course! laughing7

laughing5 laughing5 laughing5  Sasquash!  Classic!  There were some of these 1st generation Couriers that were converted to 4 wheel drive by an aftermarket company way back in the 70's.  The company that converted them re-named them "Sasquatch"

Bill Cooke
Administrator

I drive a Dodge, My wife drives... me crazy!

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 09:46:19 AM »

Sasquash it is!   blob10

I was reading the old ad you posted, classic! There is just one problem. To the best of my knowledge Dana never made a 30 t case or a 20 axle. They did make a 20 t case and a 30 axle..... Is it possible they made such a HUGE mistake in there ad? Would explain why they aren't around anymore. Still, cool to see how far we've come, huh?

Nice project Earl. I would have expected nothing less. The gold nug beadlocks in 17x9 are going to be hard to find I bet. Not that a sweet looking 73 courier was such an easy score. How on earth did you find it?

Bill

Jeep is hobby, Dodge is a sickness!
EarlKann

Rattle Kann Kustoms

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 10:56:42 AM »

Sasquash it is!   blob10

I was reading the old ad you posted, classic! There is just one problem. To the best of my knowledge Dana never made a 30 t case or a 20 axle. They did make a 20 t case and a 30 axle..... Is it possible they made such a HUGE mistake in there ad? Would explain why they aren't around anymore. Still, cool to see how far we've come, huh?

Nice project Earl. I would have expected nothing less. The gold nug beadlocks in 17x9 are going to be hard to find I bet. Not that a sweet looking 73 courier was such an easy score. How on earth did you find it?

Bill

laughing5  I hadn't noticed that they had the t-case and axle id's mixed up.  That's funnay!

I don't need the nuggets in 17-inch.  15x8 would be perfect.  I'd consider some 10's, but I'd prefer the 8's because they get about an inch wider when you put the DIY beadlocks on them.  Gotta be 6-lug too, Chevy/Toyota pattern.

I got the Courier on Ebay.  $355
It was up in Auburn though, so it cost me another $250 in gas to get it home.

hilton8r
Global Moderator

Pentastar Power!

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 01:21:13 AM »

Well worth it in my oppinion! I honestly don't remember the last time I saw a Ford Courier. I figured you'd have to be somewhere around Michigan or the middle of BFE to find one...

I vote for Sasquash too, but I hope you don't get sued. I certainly was not aware of that ad that I'm aware of. That's is crazy funny! I read through your build thread. It looks like you've got a decent amount of work area in that garage. What welder are you using? I hope to start practicing my welds a week from now. I'm hoping Bill has a few scrap body panels lying around for me to practice on.

My Dad will be in town off and on through the Holidays. I will find out if I need to get my Weapon's Carrier and trailer out of his garage. Hopefully he let's me keep it there. I doubt he'll try to sell the place with the current market conditions. I'm going to ask if I can stash my C-10 there for awhile too. It's time to get moving on some projects. And I mean it this time!

Awesome progress Earl... regardless if it gets gold nuggs or not.

1943 Dodge WC51...
EarlKann

Rattle Kann Kustoms

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 11:49:15 PM »

Why would I get sued?  I doubt that company even still exists.  That flyer is from the 70's I think.  Anyway, I am going with Sasquash instead of Sasquatch.

I just have a Miller 130, 110V Mig that I bought used on Craigslist.  I'm not that good with it, but you've got to learn on something!

hilton8r
Global Moderator

Pentastar Power!

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2009, 02:04:09 PM »

Dude, it's time to modify your signature again, unless you want a back up set of gold nugs.

I just got caught up on your project over at Rock Brawler. I have some POR-15 you could have used on that Yota frame (nice score by the way). The only suggestion I have is to get some rubber weather strip or edging so that you don't slice your fingers off when you add coolant to the radiator! laughing4

Should we move this thread to Hard Core 4x4's section or the Ford Section. Either way, we need to update the word Toyota to Fordota in the title!

1943 Dodge WC51...
Jedrattle

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 01:33:53 AM »

Check out the updates!! icon_rr

way too many and not enough $$$
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length